Director of Business Operations
Spread Good Career Karma
We help over 2.5 million workers navigate their careers every month through advice and coaching. Since 2018, we've been fortunate to build a fantastic and dynamic team from 3 co-founders to over 200 team members in 10+ states and 14+ countries and our mission is not close to done yet. We plan to rapidly grow our product team by the end of 2022. We are excited to bring on a Sales Operations Lead to contribute to our next evolution of growth!
Career Karma is backed by the world’s top investors like Ycombinator, Top Tier Ventures, Initialized Capital, Softbank, Google Ventures and Kapor Capital (to name a few), and just raised $40 million in Series B funding! We're a diverse organization with a philanthropic mission. Career Karma's culture has a pulse and a heartbeat, so we'd love to see your contribution to this community.
Business Development Team
Be a founding member of Career Karma’s business development team! Join us as we partner with the most exciting and influential companies that want to pay for the continuing education of their employees (everything from skills-based learning options to higher education degrees). Today’s workforce needs increased access to learning options to upskill/reskill so that they can address the business challenges of tomorrow. Join us as we help companies cultivate a culture of learning in order to elevate the lives of their people.
If you’re a process-oriented strategy expert and a project management wizard who can identify solutions for optimal efficiency, this is the job for you. If you’re a creative thinker who looks to innovate and imagine new ways to solve problems, this is the role for you. If you’re the type of leader who wants to help develop systems that allow people to be the best at the work that they do, this is the team for you
Join us in connecting the world's talent to their next opportunity:
- Work from anywhere. We are a fully remote company that values asynchronous work—you can work anywhere, any time. You’ll have the space you need to promote balance in your life - Grow with a balanced team. We value diversity and inclusion, and we believe representation matters. Join us in promoting voices of all backgrounds as we promote yours. - Enjoy the ride. We are a hyper-growth company with the mission of empowering a billion people in a decade. Be part of our growth as we continue to scale our impact. - Innovate for tomorrow. We are engaged leaders who are ready to experiment, iterate, and be resilient as we help workers navigate the ever-changing employment landscape. - Funded for the future. We are backed by world-class investors with proven records of identifying and funding some of the most innovative companies. With their support, we are able to pursue rapid growth while maintaining a bias toward frugality in achieving our mission. - Startup, but don’t stop your life. Though we are just getting started, we offer the competitive benefits you would expect from any investor-backed Silicon Valley company.
How you will help us fulfill our mission
- Work closely with the Director of Business Development to build out the B2B infrastructure (enterprise business) of Career Karma by establishing goals, setting benchmarks for performance, and mapping out timelines (i.e. gantt chart master). - Serve as liaison to other departments and project manager of cross-functional teams that take part in the development of the B2B infrastructure. - Project manage the development of the new Career Karma enterprise business, ensuring the attainment of goals within established timelines, hold stakeholders accountable to fulfill their responsibilities, and regularly report out on progress. - Identify efficiencies to bring down costs of service, enhance outcomes for customers, and innovate new products/services to increase revenue. - Conduct regular business reviews with leadership to evaluate success and align upcoming opportunities (includes preparing presentations that allow for data-informed discussions). - Evaluate qualitative and quantitative data to optimize processes and fine-tune strategies. - Be willing and able to fill any gaps by establishing and running special projects, taking ownership and command to ensure successful delivery of goals.
Why we value you
- 5+ years proven track record in building and growing operations for a B2B organization; tech-startup experience a plus. - You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You don’t ask for permission - you’re too busy making things happen. - Forward-thinking, analytical and problem-solving mindset. Drawn to building off of ambiguous and unsolved problems and “making it happen”. - Passion for developing people, leading and managing high-performing teams. - Quantitative & analytical mindset with strong attention to detail but balanced with creativity that accounts for qualitative considerations. - Decision making is data-informed - You’re kind, collaborative and humble.
- Experience in an education technology company, particularly dealing with higher education institutions and/or large enterprise companies, will be very valuable.
What we offer you
- Remote first - work from anywhere - Equity in Career Karma - Competitive coverage for Medical, Vision, Dental - Learning & Development Stipend - Paid Parental Leave - Unlimited PTO - 401k + Matching - Impactful Company & Team Retreats to build relationships
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. © Career Karma Inc.
All rights reserved, Career Karma is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
San Francisco Applicants: Career Karma will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.